9/22/08

They are trying to rip us off!

K, I'm sure you all know that you have to look at labels on stuff even when it's on sale cuz you may not be getting that great of a deal. Here's the thing that erks me and made me crazy the other day while shopping. I can't exactly remember the story since I'm so old and can't remember *&^%, so I'll tell you the gist of it. I was comparing 2 different brands of a cheaper bar soap and found that they were priced about the same with the same amount of bars in each package but if you look at the one brand, each soap was only 4 oz. and if you looked at the other brand each soap was 4.5 oz. but I think that the 4 oz. pack was a little cheaper but I'm like wait a second, you get 1 more bar in the other pack for a tad more expensive (like maybe cents, I don't remember) so duh, I'm going to get that one!

The other one is Dryers ice cream. You probably all know by now that they have lessoned it to under 1 gallon but kept the price the same and changed the look. They are so clever...NOT. Their excuse to do that was they didn't want the consumers price to go up but they needed to adjust because the world is going to pot (going to pot is my commentary but you get the picture). So anywho, I seriously think they were just trying to hide and see how long it took people to even notice cuz I'm sure there are those that didn't, unlike me, I noticed right away that the carton looked smaller so I looked to see what was up and low and behold, they did make it smaller and then I saw it on the news.

What a bunch of losers these companies are, trying to rip us off with the slightest of hands. I'm sure you are all aware of this stuff but I'm just peeved about it after the whole soap incident so beware, don't let them get you!

6 comments:

Marissa said...

you are too funny! it definately is frusterating though -come to Peru and then every American product you buy truly is a rip off!! (yet, I continue to succumb to things like Old El Paso salsa)

Me said...

I know what you mean.. I hate it when the clothing stores say come in for a sale and then you realize that the sale doesn't make it that much cheaper because the clothes were all overpriced to begin with... this is when we all say "Where's the Clearance rack?"

Me said...

By the way thanks again for coming and hanging out with us! We had so much fun!

benniegirl said...

oh & i was just grateful dreyer's was on to my need for a weight loss plan. now when i'm so frustrated, i have to eat a whole container of ice cream, i'm not eating as much as i used to. :)

jmelyn said...

So true Lisa. I stopped buying Dryers when I saw the new packaging and quantity on the label and then a week later I saw it on the news. What a joke huh! It's ok because the Blue Bell Ice Cream tastes so much better and is the same stinking price for the whole gallon. What I do when I need to make a choice is take the weight or ounces quanity that something is and divide it by the price, this will give you the price per ounce or whatever type measurement it is. Costco does this on everything, you just need to look at the label on the rack it will say 20 cents per ounce or so on. Some grocery stores do it too you just have to look at the fine print on the tiny lable on the shelf. They don't all do this but Albertson's use to. I think they think we are stupid and unfortunetly I think most consumers are. Us smart ones are the ones that notice this stuff! Welcome to the smart consumers club Lisa!

jmelyn said...

Hey Lisa if you check it out Bryers' also is down sizing too. @ rip off's in one freezer case.