10/10/08

Homemade pie


My cousin's wife called me the other day that she had ordered a bunch of apples and they were going bad so I needed to come over and make pies with her. Well you didn't have to ask me twice, I was all over that! So I take out my frozen pie crusts to bring over and they had expired the beginning of this year so I was upset cuz now I had to go buy one. I stopped at the store and found 2 frozen ones and was going to have to pay almost $4.00 for them but I was in a hurry and just needed to get it. On my way to the checkout stand low and behold I see a basket full of clearenced goodies and in there was a whole bunch of boxed pie crust marked down to .61 cents!!! I couldn't believe it, I should have bought all of them so I can make all my friends pies...but I didn't. So here is a picture of the pie I made, they came out so yummy!

4 comments:

Jo said...

That is so cool!!!! I didn't know there was such a thing. I've always been so intimidated to make pies because of the crust so now I think I'll give it a go. Cool!

BonBon said...

Oh yummy...I am so hungry right now so that is not helping! lol Glad it turned out good, so nice when that happens! And 61 cents?? Awesome!

McB's said...

Ya, you just add water to the crust and you can either roll it out or just pat it out in the pan, so easy!

Sorry Boni I couldn't make you one and bring it over, oh wait, ask Vicki, I'm sure she'd love to make you one :)

Carol said...

ok your pie looks awesome! good work girl :)