1/28/09

Look at what I made


Let me start this post by saying that I'm not crafty or creative so I steal, I am a scraplifter and a craftylifter. My friend Carol has these cute letters in her bathroom, that she did, and in her kids rooms so I stole this idea from her...and she even showed me how to do it!!! SO EASY. So here is Kassidy's room in progress. I did the letters and I'm in love with them, I cannot wait until her room is done so I can stand back and just love it! Her room used to be lavendar with butterflies and all different colors but now that's she grown up (3) I wanted to change it so I did pink and brown and will paint a stripe across the room where the two colors meet (my dilema cuz I'm not sure what color) and then put vinyl daisies inside. I also got a curtain rod that has pink fuzzy stuff at each end and have to still get curtains to hang. So, here's to my craft that I did all by myself.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it! And I tried doing those letters and I sucked at it. Also, the message you left on my blog sounds a little bit like a song from the 80s... 'you've got the brains, i've got the looks...let's make lots of money'.... or something like that

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

You go girl! SO cute!! I love the pink and brown combo. Kassidy is 3 already??

BonBon said...

Okay, loving it!!!! Was that fabric or something that got the design on the letters? You didn't hand paint that...no way! I have wanted letters so bad for so long...so lame that I haven't just done it! lol K, I'm inspired now! Can't wait to see the whole room done! Good job!!

McB's said...

I painted every little detail on those letters, j/k! It's actually scrapbook paper of all things. You just mogpog (spelling?) it on there and that's it! Super simple and not expensive :) Call me when you are ready and I'll tell you the steps. I probably took me 3 hours or so cuz I had to paint the letters on the edge cuz they are white.

mamazita said...

I love making letters like those. I have words that I switch out during the seasons in my hallway. My favorite is "noel" for Christmas. we put knobs on them and hang our stockings from them.

Carol said...

they look FANTASTIC!!! i can't wait to see them in person :)

Rae said...

Those look so good. And you have told me many times that you are not crafty, and that's why you wouldn't come to stamp class. I am so excited you tried that, it looks amazing.

Jo said...

So Cute! I might have to steal that from you! hehehe!

Anonymous said...

Fancy girlfriend! Now hopefully Kassidy realizes how dang cute her room is becoming:-)