9/11/10

Soccer game #1 - A BUST

This morning was the first soccer game! She's SO DANG CUTE with her little outfit on. Danny was pretty cute too with the BRIGHT LIME GREEN shirt. It was hilarious, when he went to go pick up the shirts he was dying when he saw the color because if there is any color on the planet that he despises it's BRIGHT LIME GREEN. hehehe

Here's a little background first. Kassidy had run a fever of 104 on Thurs. and around 101 on Fri. so I was really concerned and sad that she wouldn't be able to make her first game but as Fri. went along her fever broke and was fine the rest of the day so we figured she could come, dressed ready to play and if she felt good she could sub in for a few minutes at a time.

Danny wanted to be a the field a few minutes earlier so Kassidy and I came a little bit later but we were 5 min. late, not knowing it was gonna take us 15 min. to walk to the field! Geez, we'de never done this before so now I know! So when we got there the game should have already started, but go figure, we only had 2 players! Serious? Where was everyone? Why are you signed up for soccer and you aren't playing, especially the first game, and if you weren't gonna be there why didn't you let the coach know? So Danny's a little distraught that we may forfeit our very first game but hey, whatever I guess. So we started the game with 1 from the other team and then Kassidy and Luke. 5 min. later the other little girl showed up and at this point, to make matters worse, the coaches daughter (yes, that would be Kassidy) didn't want to play anymore so she decides to walk off the field. Luckily Ria had joined us now so the game was then played by Luke, Ria and the other teams teammate. I'm so glad they were nice to do that so they could at least have some fun! Meanwhile I'm over on the sidelines trying to get Kassidy to go play and she refuses, saying she's embarrased. K, I've gone through this before when I've signed her up for a dance class but this time I'm embarrased and mad because she's letting down the team and these poor little things are hot! At the half point we decide to take out a kid and just go plop Kassidy down in the middle of the field and she can just stand there. I told her if you don't want to kick the ball then fine, if you want to, then fine, just be in there so Ria can take a break. That's what she did...just stood there until Danny finally kicked her off and put Ria back in for the last little bit. The kids did so good and it was so fun to watch! I really hope Kassidy wants to join in next Sat. or else she's gonna pay me back my money and I'll have no shame to put that little girl to work, so please if you come by our house next Sat. and she's mowing the lawn, trimming the trees, putting up Christmas lights, don't call CPS, I've got it under control!








3 comments:

Jill Carilli said...

OMG Lisa you just made me laugh so hard. I love your approach to parenting. You have the guts to do what I wish I could do. I LOVE the idea of holding her accountable for her choices and actions and making her pay you back and work it off. You are an awesome Mom!! XOXO

Carol said...

dang she is cute! don't worry - she will start to want to play - perhaps if more kids would show up that would help. what a bunch of losers not going to the game - ha ha.

um, can she work off some of her debt at my house too?!

go scorpions!!

jmelyn said...

Ok those games are so much fun take as many pictures as you can! She will have a blast once she gets her foot on the ball. Danny you look so great in green you should always wear neon green.