4/21/08

A right choice in a bad situation

K, we were at the mall tonight playing and then went and had ice cream and as we were sitting there enjoying our ice cream I saw a pregnant teenager walk by and of course my first thought is, wow, there's another one, what was she thinking? Ummm, they weren't thinking, that's the problem. They have their whole childhood gone and have to be a grown up now to take care of this child they are carrying. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's ever looked at a pregnant teenager and thought how stupid and/or how sad is that. But...if you think about it, cuz I did when I was sitting there, she actually made a good choice and that is to go through with the pregnancy instead of the alternative and for that I am proud of her. Not that I agree with or am proud of her carelessness but she did make the right choice to go through the pregnancy and bring the precious new life into the world. Who knows if this girl that I saw will decide to keep her baby or give it up for adoption but I'm proud of her for making the right decision to have it.

No comments: