5/1/08

And here she comes

K, I guess I have a lot to say today :) So about 2 weeks ago we took down one side of Kassidy's crib to make a little bed cuz I thought it would be cute to see her in a bed. Now as all of you know that have kids it takes a while to make them actually stay in the bed and not get out and ours is no different. It took her a week and finally she decided she wouldn't get out of bed 50 million times and try to wonder throughout the house without us knowing! So 2 nights ago around 2am she woke up crying so Danny decides to bring her into our bed (I told him NO) because he didn't want to deal with it. So she got to sleep with us. I'm like uh, no, we are not starting that routine!! I've heard too many nightmares from friends and I'm not about to go into that part of the world. Then...it happens again last night!!! Around 5am she starts crying so Danny goes in there, picks her up, soothes her and then comes back to bed as she's sceaming wanting to come into our bed. Oh well, cry it out little one. So a couple minutes later she stops crying and I'm thinking, great, it worked! It worked before...but that's when she couldn't escape! So within about 5 minutes we hear her sniveling and she's getting closer to our room so of course, the loving, compassionate, caring parents we are...we just lay there and pretend we are asleep to see what she does. We hear her later, as she's standing on Danny's side of the bed, "upey daddy" a couple of times. Again...we ignore her hoping she will go away :) So I guess I finally fell back to sleep and I asked Danny this morning where he found her and she was sleeping on the floor next to our bed! I start laughing and said, "well whatever, as long as she's not on our bed and wakes us up she can go wherever she wants." Oh happy day!! :)

5 comments:

BonBon said...

That is hysterical! Mostly because as the kind and loving parents WE are, we have both pretened to be snoring before to get the kids to back off! It's so funny to hear them come in all ready to complain or ask for something, hear us "snoring" and then quietly go, "shhh, thier asleep still". LOLOL

Unknown said...

FUNNY story! And SO typical:) I can just hear her with her little voice, "uppey, Daddy", fully expecting him to invite her back into your bed....poor thing :(/:)
Good luck with this, is all I can say...this one will take PATIENCE!Idaho Chick

McB's said...

I am amazed actually how much patience I am having with this new thing Kassidy is going through. I don't even get upset cuz I know it's a new thing and she learns fast, hopefully with this also, hehe.

Jo said...

Oh Man! I remember those days. Good job for not giving in the 2nd time. My little girl caught me when I was sick so I would get up and bring her into bed with me. That went on for a week. Man it took me like 2 weeks to get her to stay in her crib after that. She would wake up crying and if I ignored her she would just cry louder and louder until she was in hysterics. So I would get up and hold her until she would fall sound asleep again. It seemed like forever to ween her of that. Now she knows not to leave the room at all.

Julie said...

Well I don't have kids but I lurve my Kassidy and I can totally picture her doing that. It's cute she fell asleep by the bed. Kinda sad, but funny at the same time. Hahah now she'll roam the house all night and get into everything! LOL