11/22/08

My impression of Twilight

Alrighty...so we went to see the movie on Fri. morning cuz my friends whimped out on going to the midnight showing. I've never read a book and then seen it done in a movie form so I have to say that there is no comparison. There is no way to portray what you have envisioned in your mind, because we all envision different things, unless you are the one who does the movie. By the end of the movie though I was wanting more of Edward and more of everything! I called my sister afterwards to talk to her about the movie because I couldn't hang out with my girlfriends after because Danny needed to go to work. I wanted to hang up on her because she totally bursted my happy bubble because she really didn't like it. I have heard others now say they liked it so now I feel better! Here are my thoughts:

* didn't really like Edward at first (his eyebrows are too bushy) but by the end I was in love with him (he has the perfect teeth for this role)
*Bella wasn't my fav. since she blinked too much and didn't talk with her mouth all the way open but she fit what I thought she might have looked like
*Cullen family was perfect, except the dad at first didn't work for me
*Jacob is perfect
*Charlie is not even close to what I pictured
*the Cullen's house was ok but the front porch wasn't what I pictured
*the meadow scene was a total letdown (I think that was my most anticipated moment that I was waiting for cuz I was so wondering how they would make him glow or be transparent and so beautiful). the way they did it did not make me think Edward was beautiful
*the scene in the dance studio was great, Bella really got into the roll and was great

Anyhoo, I can't wait for the next one!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Great review!! I really want to see it but won't be able to until after Thanksgiving. But I will be able to see up in Oregon where it was filmed which is kinda cool!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

I agree - didn't like Edward at first, but loved him by the end! And I totally expected a much nicer house for the Cullen's. I also thought all the vampires had WAY too much white makeup on; especially Carlisle. Overall though, I loved it! Can't wait for the next one either.