4/19/09

Pat's Run


Mary and I after the run, woohoo!



At the end of the kids race.



Danny and Kassidy coming into the finish line.



Almost there!



Ya, I'm not a fast runner so I was right in
front of the walkers and strollers, lol.



Mary and I before the run.


So a neighbor was asking us at the park one day when we were having a play date if anyone wants to run the Pat Tillman 4.2 Run/Walk with her and since it seemed that all my friends from church were doing races lately I said I would do it but I hadn't run in 50 million years and she's like, I haven't either so let's do it together. We start training on our own and the last month she decides she's not doing it so I am going to do it by myself. That's ok with me at this point cuz I've been training. It's also been fun cuz some friends have decided to join in with me running at night.


So yesterday was the big day and I was really nervous, not sure why but I was. My friend Mary decided she was going to do the walking part since she's pregnant but decides after we start running that she's going to try to keep up with me...so off we go. I finished in 55 min. and she was 4 min. after me which is really good since she hasn't been running...either that or I'm REALLY slow, lol. Anywho, it was so fun I want to keep doing them. Mary and I also registered our kids to do the .42 kids run/walk and we were so excited to watch them. We start the run and Kassidy decides after a few steps that she's a little too overwhelmed with all the people so Danny carried her to the finish line. I was disappointed cuz that was going to be the highlight of my day, she's been so excited to do it with her friends but oh well, maybe next year she'll be ok :) So enjoy the pics.

9 comments:

Kristi Moody said...

So proud of you!! It's such a great accomplishment and it makes you feel so good when you're done. Next year I will join you! Good job!!

BonBon said...

That is sooooo cool!!! I'm so proud of you!! I know people who do them and I'm always a bit jealous that I'm not a runner. *grin* Wow...good job!!!

Jenny said...

Nice job! I may be able to do Thursdays for the movie thing....I have to check.

Anonymous said...

Rock on girlfriend! Now when are you doing the 10K and then the 1/2 and so on????? Hee Hee....AND when do you want me to come V-Ting you? Do you want a drop off this month or what?????:-) Haven't heard from ya about that....

Kim said...

Great job! I like to say I hate running because I used to, but truthfully, I've grown to love it.

McB's said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I just wanted to hear how you were all proud of me, cuz I'm proud of myself too, LOL. It was fun!

Carol said...

congratulations lisa! i am so proud of you :) you look really cute in the picture of the 5 of you guys. good work girl!!

Nicolina Rose said...

Ya, I have been meaning to ask you how your race was! It looks like you survived and had fun! Good Job!

Tiffany

Marissa said...

Impressive! I just started "running" this year too - but I feel a little guilty calling it that since I am VERY slow and it hardly resembles running at all! Either way it feels great!