4/10/09

Sprinkles


If any of you have ever had a chance to have a Sprinkles cupcake you know what I'm talking about when you will drive 30 minutes just to get 1 and spend $3.50 each! There are only a few around the world and we are lucky enough to have one. So a friend calls me to go get some today and Danny never has had one and wants to know what all the excitement is about. We go get them, Kassidy actually gets to have one since it's Passover and they make some special gluten, flour free ones so I had to get a picture of her eating a cupcake that we bought from a real bakery...not homemade! I was so excited for her! lol. I'm also all excited to come home and have Danny try the red velvet I got for him and then the big letdown...he doesn't like it!!!! Can you believe that? I think he's from another planet and lost some respect for him, wow, I just can't believe he didn't like it...K, more for me!

7 comments:

mamazita said...

i have heard you all excited about these cupcakes, but I am still working up the courage to spend $3.50 on a cupcake and drive a half hour. Maybe for our next midnight movie?!? my husband laughed when he realized how late it was when I got home....glad he only laughed.

jmelyn said...

ok Danny what is your deal, you need to find the good ones. the lemon one is the best! I think you need a sampling of cupcakes danny.

BonBon said...

$3.50 for a stinkin' cupcake??? Here's my fear...I'd spend that ridiculous amount for one, and then hate them...just like I hate Krispy Creme donuts. I DO NOT see the excitement of Krispy Creme. However, I am a firm believer in driving a half hour if you really think they are THAT spectacular, so good for you for doing it and taking Kassidy!!

Kim said...

Doesn't like red velvet? Now that is nuts to me. Spending 3.5 doesn't seem abnormal at all :)

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa! I like your blog! You are so funny and clever! Kassidy looks so cute with Belle!

Carol said...

i say for danny's birthday we all get him some sprinkles cupcakes and then when he says he doesn't like him - i guess we will all be forced to eat them :)

benniegirl said...

we just got back from cali. i want you to know this post of yours popped into my head when we were in newport beach and saw a sprinkles. i said we'd better try them-they were good but i don't know about $3.50 good-i'd like to own a sprinkles...i've thought about a bakery before but just cupcakes? that would be like a, excuse the pun, piece of cake! :) thanks for the rave because i'm glad we tried it.