9/22/09

Our camping trip












We went on our first camping trip as a family with a bunch of families in the neighborhood and we had a blast! We went to Mt. Lemmon in Tucson and it was the best place. It was so clean and had a ramada that was in the middle of all the campsites with bbqs, running water, lights, outlets and a fire pit. We also had a bathroom that had air freshners in it. I totally should have taken a picture of the guy who runs the place because he was "old man drunk". You could smell the alcohol on his breath but who can blame him, what else are you gonna do? He kept the place so clean and emptied our trashes at the Ramada like 3 times a day. There was a total of 11 families (25 kids). We had to put 2 families per tent site. This was a first for our family because Danny doesn't like to tent camp so I was a little nervous to see if he would like it or not but turns out he had fun. We borrowed a friends tent and another friends sleeping bag and mats because those things we didn't have and I'm so grateful to them. We left Fri. morning and came back Sun. morning. We hung out and ate, talked, sat around the fire, made smores, went fishing, drove to the small ski town and hiked. The kids had so much fun running footloose and fancy free with no care in the world and no rules! I did have a scary but proud moment when one of the girls runs up to me telling me Kassidy just climbed the mountain. I ran after her, up the mountain to find other kids and a dad on the top. (I'm a loser, I didn't take a picture of the mountain). They were making a fort with branches, leaves, flowers and moss. She saw the big kids go up so she decided she wanted to go and went up by HERSELF with flip flops, yes, that's what freaked me out!!! Then I was proud of her :) No one could believe that she had done that! Another adventure was fishing. She tried fishing really liked it. We didn't catch any so that was disapointing. We did however have a threat of a rainstorm while we were out. There were dark clouds and lots of thunder and we were actually wanting it to rain...but it never did...I think that would have been so fun. It was really nice to be away from home, in cooler weather, having friends to play with all day and just relax and not have TV or toys and just enjoy the outdoors. I can't wait for our next camping trip.

2 comments:

Carol said...

loved the "footloose and fancy free" part. sounds like you guys had a great time! the pics are cute - love the one of your feet by the fire.

Kristi Moody said...

Glad you guys had fun. We have yet to try camping. I really want to go, but my husband..not so much. Good stories! Go Kassidy!