10/10/09

A train in the mall?




Kassidy and I went to the mall yesterday to return something and we got a See's chocolate and were sitting on the couches eating when Kassidy said "I see a train, do you see the train?" I'm looking around and I don't see a train so I told her she was crazy. I said "do you see it now?" and she said no and then said "you wait, you'll see the train". So a few minutes later her eyes get big and she says " see there's the train" and I turn around and low and behold there is a train coming through the mall! She says "see I told you so" with a huge smile on her face! So we go running down the mall to find where we get on this train and as she's running she looks at me with her arms swinging big and says "we're running mommy, this is good excercise". Good girl, I am glad I'm teaching you something good! So I wasn't sure if it was a free ride or what so when we got there the sign said $3 dollars per person, not per ride, per person so yep we paid $6 to ride this little train. I just don't understand why if you have to accompany your children on rides or take them to places that obviously you can't leave them at and you are obviously not partaking in the activities because it's a kids place, do the parents have to pay...I think it's retarded and a rip off. She did have a good time though and the smile on her face and the fun she was having was worth it and I guess that's why they charge it because they know you will pay.

2 comments:

Mary Director said...

Oh my gosh, I meant to tell you about the train. We saw it last week at the mall and thought of Kassidy immediately. I think her Uncle Hal wanted to ride too. LOL I'm so glad you had such a good time.

Carol said...

good work momma for paying for the train! ya i think that's a rip off too. I love it that Kassidy was right and you didn't believe - I do that all the time :)