10/1/09

Kassidy says funny things

We attended a baptism last night and when it came time for the blessing all the men were in the circle and Kassidy whispers to me...

"mommy there's a baby in there" - pointing to the circle of men
me - "shhh, no there's not" - thinking, what the heck, why would she say that?
"mommy there's a baby in there" - getting a little bit louder
"me - shhhhhhhhh, no there's not" - wanting her to be quiet but now I just figured out why she was saying that
"mommy there's a baby in there"
me - "no there's not, you'll see"

She thought it was a baby blessing because that's all she's ever seen. So after the blessing they all backed up and I said...

"see there's no baby, it's a man"

hmmmm, I wonder if she thought the baby turned into a man!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, she is just so darling and cute! I love it!

Carol said...

a man...what a disapointment. she's so dang cute!