8/6/10

3 week road-trip part 1

Kassidy and I were not planning on going on a road trip but when I was talking to a friend who was going on a road trip and she says well, maybe you can come with us, especially since my husband isn't coming and it would be great to have the help in the car so I say, let's totally do it! This was Monday and she was leaving Fri. so I went into a frenzy to try to figure this all out to be able to go with her and to go with little money. I spent ALL day that day and at 9pm finally had it all figured out!! whewwwwwww, roadtrip, here we come! I was TOTALLY excited because the whole plan why I went with her was to see my sister and for Kassidy to see her cousins. She hadn't seen her cousins since she was almost 18 months so she didn't really remember them.

p.s. thank you Lyndsey for letting us tag along, not sure if you really thought I would take you up on the offer but it was too good to pass up! Hope I was a good car helper!

This was the itinerary:
-Drive to Vegas, spend the night
-Wake up and drive to St. George for Lyndsey to do a Pampered Chef party
-Leave from there to drive to Salt Lake
-Stay in Salt Lake for 5 days (her at her family's, me at friends)
-Leave SL and head to Boise for dinner with her sister
-Continue on to Kennewick ID where she'll spend the night and leave the next morning for WA and my sister will pick me up to take me to Vancouver WA (ya, we got into WA around 2:30am!)
-Stay in WA for a few days and then leave with my sister and her family to Oregon to stay at a beach house with other friends.
-Come back to WA for 6 more days with my sister and family
-Hop on a plane to come back to Phoenix

WHEW!!! So I was wondering how these long car rides would go for the kids but I have to say all the kids did really well. A couple of my friends had mentioned to me how they were a little worried that I couldn't handle a drive with 5 kids, hehe, me? really? just because I only have 1 I can't handle it? well...they must know me but they did so well that it was great! :)

We stayed at my friend's parents house and while we were there we went bowling, had a couple play dates, went swimming at the public pool, went out for ice cream, went to the Aviery, played at Liberty Park, played games and just had a great time with friends! We seriously stayed up every night until midnight and didn't get up in the mornings until around 10am, it was crazy.

The coolest thing about this trip was that I was so upset and distraught about not being able to go to girls camp at church this year, ya, and everyone knew it, hehe. But if I would have been able to go I would have missed out on this very awesome opportunity (i had a friend point this out to me, that's what friend's are for) for Kassidy to see her cousins! So I am not mad anymore that I couldn't go to girl's camp, it was a huge blessing in disguise!

















1 comment:

Charms by Buffie said...

Yea for road trips!!! Anything to get out of AZ in the summer right?! Glad you had a great time!